Saturday, March 26, 2011
I'm gonna be a liberrian like you and sit in comfy chairs all day!
Thank god this comment was made at the end of the day on a Friday so that I only needed to sigh heavily and roll my eyes. "Taylor, how many times have you ever seen me sitting in the comfy chair?" "None. But I'm going to be a liberian and I'm going to just sit in the comfy chairs all day." At least she has a dream, right? All of my kids and some of my colleagues are amazed at the thought that you would need a Masters degree to do my job. Not that I'm arguing that my two years in grad school were completely necessary for this babysitting, book ordering, and bossing around students gig I have. But I just don't find myself teaching the kiddies Boolean logic when Google does it effortlessly for them. I do find myself looking back through all of my class notes looking for the unit that covered sitting in comfy chairs all day. I think Taylor's onto something good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment